Some say eyes are the windows to the soul. So it follows – beautiful eyes, beautiful spirit?
When I look into the eyes of anyone full of hope, they seem beautiful to me – optimism shines through.
When I look into the eyes of a beautiful woman (or man), I may perceive external beauty, but there are times when I cannot pierce the veil.
Beauty may be used to mask feelings, to distract others; beauty as a means to an end.
For some the most attractive feature may be a beautiful smile. But I look to the eyes.
I remember as a teenager that I desperately wanted to resemble Elizabeth Taylor, and I dreamed of tinted contact lenses so that I might possess her gorgeous violet eyes. And incidentally, Taylor’s violet eyes were the result of a rare amount of natural pigment melanin.
In my opinion, she had the most beautiful eyes in the world, extraordinary not only for their color, but framed in lush black lashes and enhanced by her thick arching brows. I still think of her – immediately – when I hear mention of great beauties. And it’s hard for me to believe that it was nearly one year ago that we lost her.
Others with magnificent and penetrating peepers?
You’ll find Audrey Hepburn, Angelina Jolie, and even the former Wonder Woman Lynda Carter on many lists.
Then again, I picture my sons and their eyes filled with laughter. As children. As teenagers. And I daresay, to me, they have the most beautiful eyes in the world.
- Don’t we put enormous store in even the slightest movements reflected in the eyes?
- Do you presume personality traits from the expression in a person’s eyes, or their shape and general appearance? After all, we have expressions like beady eyes, bug eyes, and googly eyes – casting character or personality based wholly on physical attributes.
- What about language that relies on eyes – like giving someone the evil eye?
- Do you look to the eyes as a manifestation of a person’s true feelings or thoughts?
- Are you a sucker for beautiful eyes? (I know I am.)
Image of Beautiful Girl, courtesy Yours Truly (and related talented teen artist).
Click image of Liz Taylor to access TopTenz.net, Top Ten Most Beautiful Eyes.