C’est le weekend, mes enfants!
How about a romantic recipe for seasonal and sensual shrimp? Il faut bien faire la corrida de temps en temps, n’est-ce pas ? You need to party hardy (and do so with a fab and easy budget recipe that is healthy, succulent, colorful and a delish dish).
So how about Wild & Crazy Shrimp Spanish Style for a sensual Saturday eve?
This marvelous meal offers mucho flexibility, serves four, and can be prepared for $20 or less. Before we get started, let me say that the tally was: shrimp $10, peppers, $3, garlic $1.50, rice $3, baguette $1.39. You do the math! Just under $20!
And if you’re cooking for deux, that means a delectable dinner with leftovers for lunch the next day.
Here’s what you need:
- 3/4 pound of shrimp
- 2 peppers (1 red, 1 green)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Optional veggies (snap peas, for example)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 box Spanish rice pilaf
Here’s what you do with it:
- Request the assistance of a sexy man / woman friend or spouse (if you have one). It adds a certain je ne sais quoi, making all aspects of kitchen duty more fun.
- And did you know that French Canadians say “C’est du fun!” (You didn’t really think I’d skip an opportunity to add a leçon… )
- Get rice started in sauce pan (it takes 20 to 25 minutes). Clean the shrimp (or ask the sexy friend to do so if you’re squeamish – yes, c’est moi, ça).
- Slice the peppers. Peel and mince the garlic.
- Dribble 3 or 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a hot saucepan. Toss in the shrimp, peppers, garlic, and any other veggies you wish to add.
- Stir on high or medium heat as the shrimp turns into a sexy, rosy pink. The actual cooking takes 20 minutes at the most (it times well with the rice).
- And that’s it!
Add a nice wine to your liking, a little French bread if you’re so inclined, candlelight, eh voilà – recipe for a sensual Saturday evening.
I’ll leave dessert up to your imagination (though I recommend anything chocolate). And note: Torreador attire optional. Bon appétit (or should I say buen provecho)!