Help, please! I need advice. Seriously. I give good phone, and I’d like to get some, too. But I’ve been limping along on a hand-me-down 3-year old cell that’s on its last legs. I need suggestions – truly.
Here are my requirements:
- small (to put in jeans pocket, small purses, or cleavage)
- gives good Google / web access
- quality photos (for art & other subects)
- internationally literate (for overseas trips)
- not too expensive!!
My current (hand-me-down) phone is a Sony Erickson. It is what I had previously (and loved), but this particular device is showing its age in significant ways. Still, it’s picture quality was fabulous, and for texting, the tiny keys were fine for me, though I’d like to be able to email with greater facility.
I’m not sure a Blackberry is for me (all that thumb action without thimbles on hand might not be my thing). That said, I’m open! Maybe it’s exactly what I need. I just don’t know. There are so many choices, I’m not sure where to begin.
I love the idea of iPhone apps, and love the way images turn and page at the touch of a fingertip in some of the phones I’ve seen, but “petite” really is a requirement for me. I’m not a “big purse” woman. Pockets and cleavage. Really!
Communication device dependence
While we’re on this topic, I’m also curious. Do you feel you’re dependent on your technology? On your mobile device?
- Do you leave your Blackberry or iPhone (or other cell) on or turn it off at night?
- Does it depend on circumstances?
- Do you abide by certain cell phone etiquette?
- Rules when at dinner, when kids are around, at social occasions or in public?
Cell phone recommendations?
I am in serious need of advice. I’m not big into gadgets, but I depend on my cell for keeping in touch with my kids, talking to clients, and I’d certainly like to be able to access my blog and other sites via mobile device as well. That’s something I cannot do currently.
- What kind of phone do you have?
- What do you like about it?
- What do you recommend for a writer/texter/emailer/photographer?
I’m looking forward to hearing what all of you have to say. My cell is truly on its itty bitty last legs, and those heels above (Louboutin – wouldn’t you know it!) – well, they’re looking mighty nice right about now.
© D A Wolf